Certificates of Origin
Certificate of Origin Policy - Coppell Chamber of Commerce
Effective june 1, 2011
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is needed by local companies who are shipping products to certain countries. The CO verifies the country in which the goods were manufactured. Some nations restrict imports from certain countries and/or limit the quantity of goods that are imported, etc. The companies who need Certificates of Origin are responsible for determining if and what type of CO they need. Because a CO requires the authorized signature of the local Chamber of Commerce and a seal of that organization, the Coppell Chamber of Commerce will provide that service as outlined below.
Certificate of Origin Procedure
- The CO must be completely filled out and notarized prior to being presented to the Coppell Chamber of Commerce for signature and seal.
- An indemnification certificate signed by a company officer must accompany each certificate of origin request before a CO is authorized. Contact The Chamber at 972-393-2829 to get a copy of this form.
- COs should list product information verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave off product numbers, quantities or descriptions.
- The Coppell Chamber only attests to the documents as they are presented—it is not attesting to the validity of the claim of where the goods were produced. Furthermore, the Coppell Chamber will not be held liable if the U.S. Company does not present all of the appropriate documentation needed for international importation or exportation, or any other reason that may result in the company’s shipment being held at foreign customs.
- COs will be authorized at our office as scheduled. Representative must fill out and sign a log sheet.
- Fees are $25 per certificate for Chamber members and $50 for non-members. Payment is due at time of service.
- After the CO has been signed and sealed by the Coppell Chamber, it is not to be altered in any way.
- Do not wait until the day of your shipment to present the CO for signature. Feel free to call ahead to make sure of our office hours.
The Coppell Chamber staff member has the right of refusal for any document that does not meet these guidelines.
For additional information on the current Certificate of Origin policy and requirements at the Coppell Chamber of Commerce, please contact Tony Moline at 972-393-2829 or email email@example.com.